Tiger Scouts Den Meetings
September - October 2016
Wednesday Evenings 6pm – 7pm
Bristol School Cafeteria
Our Tigers will be working on the following projects in September and October. Please bring warm cloths should the weather be nice to pay outside or take a small hike.
• Bobcat Badge / Requirements
o Learn and say the Scout Oath, with help if needed.
o Learn and say the Scout law, with help if needed.
o Show the Cub Scout sign. Tell what it means.
o Show the Cub Scout handshake. Tell what it means.
o Say the Cub Scout motto. Tell what it means.
o With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet,
“How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide”.
• Backyard Jungle Badge/ Requirements
o Take a 1 foot Hike. Make a list of the living things you find on your 1-foot hike
o Point out two different kinds of birds that live in your area.
o Be helpful to plants and animals by planting a tree or other plant in your neighborhood.
o Build and hang a birdhouse or birdfeeder.
o With your adult partner, go on a walk and pick out two sounds you hear in your “jungle”.
• Strong Health Unit Award / Requirements
Follow three healthy meeting practices, including providing fruits and/or vegetables for snacks.
o Drink right: Make water the main beverage (6 meetings).
o Move more: Include 15 min of fun physical activity (9 meetings).
o Snack smart: Serve fruits or vegetables when snacks are provided (3 meetings)
• My Family’s Duty to God Badge / Requirements(Family Project)
o With your adult partner, find out what duty to God means to your family.
o Find out what makes each member of your family special
o With your family, make a project that shows your family’s beliefs about God.
o Participate in a worship experience or activity with your family.
• Popcorn/Wreath/Candle Sale
o Candle Orders to be turned in at the October 12th meeting.
o Popcorn & Wreath Orders to be turned in at the October 20th meeting.
Wednesday, September 21st and 28th / 6pm – 7pm
• Introductions. Popcorn /Candle/Wreath forms distributed
• Boys start learning the Boy Scout Oath, Law, Sign, Handshake, Motto and Salute
• Take a 1 foot Adventure – Bristol School Yard. Playground Play
Wednesday, October 5th / 6pm – 7pm (Strong/Healthy Snack will be provided )
• Boys continue learning the Boy Scout Oath, Law, Sign, Handshake, Motto, Salute
o We will play a game to help us remember.
• Create a birdfeeder to hang at home.
At home this week:
1) Find two different kinds of birds that live in your area and two different sounds that you hear.
2) With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet “How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide”. (Please complete at home before next meeting)
Wednesday, October 12th / 6pm – 7pm (Strong/Healthy Snack will be provided )
• Boys share the Boy Scout Oath, Law, Sign, Handshake, Motto, and Salute and practice for Oct 20th as a team.
o Bobcat Award will be presented at next Pack Meeting on October 20thJ
• Plant seeds or a plant. If time permits, create a beetle project.
• Candle orders are due!
At home this week:
1) Continue practicing the Boy Scout Oath, Law, Sign, Handshake, Motto, and Salute.
2) Work on My Family’s Duty to God project at home. (Banner supplies provided)
Family member to sign-off on requirements and share at the Oct. 26thmeeting.
Thursday, October 20th / 6:30pm – 7:30pm (Pack Meeting)
• Bobcat and Backyard Jungle Awards will be presented to our Tigers.
• Turn in Popcorn and Wreath orders!
At home this week: Continue to work on My Family’s Duty to God project at home.
Wednesday, October 26th - Healthy Halloween Party! 6pm – 7pm
• Games, food and fun!
• Dress in your Halloween costume.
• Share your Family Banners. Badges will be awarded!